Saturday, September 11, 2010

Cilantro Coleslaw

I came up with this recipe because I was trying to imitate the coleslaw that was put on our fish tacos in Walla Walla. It turned out Yummo!!

Cilantro ColeSlaw

1/2 cup mayonaise (Real Mayonaise)
1/2 of a bunch of fresh Cilantro (maybe a little less than half) chopped fine in a food processor
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon minced garlic (or 1 clove)
1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper powder
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 regular size bag Coleslaw mix

Whisk the first 8 ingredients together in a large bowl.  I taste the sauce to see if I need more sugar, or chipotle pepper. Add Colseslaw mix, and toss to coat.
Enjoy plain or on tacos !

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...