Saturday, September 11, 2010

Mango Pineapple Salsa

I finally made a Mango Salsa I like!! I had fish tacos on our trip to Walla Walla, and they were yummy ! They had a Mango Salsa on them that was yummo! I found a recipe for Pineapple Salsa and one for Mango salsa, so I took what sounded good from both and came up with my own recipe. I used frozen mango because I never know how to pick at good mango in the produce department. Frozen worked, just thaw before using. This is great on chips as a dip, but yumm-a-lishes on fish tacos!! Enjoy!

Mango Pineapple Salsa

 3 roma tomatoes
1 cup frozen mango, thawed and drained
1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained (drink the juice on ice! yum!)
1/4 of a medium sized onion
1/4 of a red bell pepper
1/4 of a green bell pepper
2 jalapeno peppers (or less if you don't like spicy) add a serano pepper to it too if you like spicier
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
about 1/2 of a bunch of fresh cilantro (or just a bit less)
Salt and pepper to taste
dash of ground cayenne pepper
dash of ground chipotle pepper

Remove seeds from roma tomatoes, and cut into large chunks, place in food processor and pulse about 5 or 6 times until they are in quite small pieces but not pureed. Place in large bowl.
Then add mango pieces, and pineapple tidbits to the food processor, and pulse 5 or 6 times the same as you did with the tomatoes. Add to bowl.
Then chop the onions, red and green bell peppers, and jalapeno's and cilantro to food processor and pulse until they are in pretty small pieces. Add to tomatoes and fruit in bowl.
Then add the lime juice, lemon juice, a dash of cayenne pepper, and a dash of chipotle pepper, and a little salt and pepper to the mixture in the bowl. Stir to combine every thing. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. This lets the flavors mingle. Serve with chips or on tacos or grilled meat! Yummo!
**you can chop the tomatoes by hand if you like, and leave the pineapple and mango in larger chunks, I just like my salsa less chunky, easier to get on a chip for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...