Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sausage and Sundried Tomato Spaghetti Sauce

Well, I made my spaghetti sauce on Sunday, but I was bored with the regular recipe so I kicked it up a notch. It turned out way yummy, so I thought I'd share. We had Sarah and Dave over for dinner since Dave is in the National Guard and had to leave for a year to go to Iraq on Tues. It was nice to have them here, and they both said my sauce was way yummy!

Sausage and Sundried Tomato Spaghetti Sauce

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 package HOT italian sausage (1 1b.) remove casings
1 medium onion
1 carrot
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup diced sundried tomatoes (I get the dried kind usually found in the produce dept. and slice them up with my kitchen scissors)
1- 4oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained
1- 14oz can diced tomatoes
1- 14oz can tomatoe sauce
1- 14oz can chicken broth
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
1 Tablespoon dried parsley
1teaspoon italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried basil

Combine hamburger and sausage in a large skillet or pot and brown over medium heat. While meat is browning, mince the onion and carrot in food processor. When meat is browned, drain the grease then add the onion and carrots to meat along with garlic and green pepper. Saute over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Then add the rest of the ingredients to skillet or pot. **Mix the cornstarch into the chicken broth before adding to the pan, this way you won't get lumps. Stir all together and continue to cook over medium/low heat for about an hour to let all the flavors combine and sauce to thicken. (I half cover with the lid to help with the splattering, but you want the sauce to thicken, so I dont' cover all the way.)
Serve over hot cooked spaghetti noodles and Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...