Monday, May 9, 2011

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

I found this recipe on http://www.food.com/ when I was looking for something different for cinco de mayo. I made shredded beef enchilada's and then we had this on top instead of  regular salsa. It was yummo! You can adjust the heat by using hotter Rotel tomatoes or by adding more chopped peppers like jalapeno's or a serano pepper. This is great just on chips too! Yum!

Black Bean and Corn Salsa
2 (8 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes and chilies (I use "regular" as opposed to "mild" or "hot") I drained mine, and used the juice in my mexican rice.
1 (14 ounce) can corn, drained
1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
1/2 cup diced sweet onion (you can use more if you like)
garlic powder, to taste
chili powder, to taste (I used both regular chili powder and chipotle chili powder
cumin, to taste
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro or dried cilantro, to taste (if you dont use fresh)
salt and pepper, to taste
2 Tablespoons Lime juice

Directions:
 Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl, making sure spices are well blended in the veggies. I started out with a couple of shakes of each spice and tasted and added a little more of what it needed to suit my taste.You can make this hotter with a minced jalapeno pepper or serano pepper if desired or by using chipotle chile powder. It's up to you!
Cover and refrigerate, allowing flavors to blend.
Serve with chips, on baked potatoes, with grilled chicken, on tacos, burritos, and enchiladas,  or anyway you can think of!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...