Friday, May 27, 2011

Di's Taco Pizza

Well, you know how I like to experiment with tacos, and pizza, and then I saw a Papa Murphy's pizza sign that they had their taco grande pizza back and I thought.... 'why not make that at home? I bet I could make mine better'! So I gave it a shot! It turned out awesome if I do say so myself !! Yum! I used my Pizza dough recipe from my Chicken Bacon Ranch pizza post, but you could use your favorite as well.

Di's Taco Pizza

1 pound hamburger
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 package McCormick or Lawry's taco seasoning
Salt and pepper
1 can original Ro-tel tomatoes with chili's (or you could use hot for more spice)drained, I discard the juice.
1 (14 ounce) can Rosarita re-fried beans
1 (8 ounce) can El Pato sauce (mexican tomatoe sauce)
2 cups grated cheese (or more)

1 recipe basic pizza dough
1 to 2 Tablespoons corn meal
2 cups shredded lettuce
1 avacado sliced, or guacamole

Prepare pizza crust dough and let raise. While it's raising do the following:
Drain ro-tel tomatoes and chili's and set aside.
Brown hamburger and diced onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle with a dash or two of salt and pepper. Once hamburger is browned, drain off grease. Mix taco seasoning like package directions say, and pour over hamburger and onion mixture in skillet; let cook for an additional 5 minutes or until water is evaporated.
While hamburger is cooking, mix the refried beans and el-pato sauce together in a large bowl (I think adding the sauce to the beans makes them spread easier and gives them a bit more flavor, you use this like the pizza sauce so you want to be able to spread around on the pizza dough.) Set aside.
Shred the lettuce and slice the avocado, or make quacamole, which ever you prefer, set aside.
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees along with your pizza stone (if you are using one) or prepare your pizza pan by greasing and sprinkling with corn meal. (I like using cornmeal on the bottom of my pizza pan or when rolling out my pizza dough when making taco pizza, gives it just a bit more crunch)
Assemble pizza by placing dough that you 've rolled out into a circle to fit on your stone ahead of time, on your stone or prepared pan. Then spread as much of the re-fried bean mixture on the dough as you desire. (you probably will have some left over, save and use on nachos, Yum) Next, sprinkle on half of your grated cheese, then the rotel tomatoes and chilis. Next comes the hamburger, sprinkle that all around. Then bake for about 8 minutes, then top with remaining cheese, and bake for another 6 to 8 minutes until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
Remove from oven and cut into slices. Top each slice with shredded lettuce and slices of avacado or a spoonful of guacamole however you desire.
Enjoy!!! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...