Friday, June 3, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

I know... I've been on a pizza kick lately!! I absolutly LOVE the new pizza dough recipe I found (I've posted it on the last couple of pizzas I've blogged and will again here) It's easy and just the right amount of crispy tender when done. You know I love experimenting with food and especially pizza and tacos so if you like Buffalo Chicken Wings then you will love this pizza. I just randomly put things on it and it turned out Yummo!!! Serve with a crispy green salad and enjoy!!

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
2 Tablespoons butter
1/4 cup (or maybe a little more) Franks or Louisianna Hot Sauce
1/2 cup Ranch Dressing (or Blue Cheese dressing, which ever you like better)
6 slices provolone cheese
6 slices cooked bacon, diced into bite size pieces
2 cup Pepper Jack cheese, grated (or mozerella or cheddar, which ever you prefer.)

Pizza Dough (see recipe below) you will want to have made this ahead of time

Preheat oven and pizza stone (if you are using one) to 450 degrees. If your not using a pizza stone, prepare pizza pan by lightly greasing with olive oil or spraying with a non-stick cooking spray.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, when melted add hot sauce and stir to combine. Next add your chopped chicken to this and cook and stir for a minute or two until the chicken is well coated with the hot sauce.
When ready to assemble pizza, roll out your pizza dough into the size of circle you need and place on hot stone (be careful not to burn yourself) or onto greased pan.
Next, spread on the Ranch dressing, then place the slices of provolone cheese on your pizza, I put one in the center and the other 5 spaced evenly around the dough. Next comes your chicken and bacon pieces. Pop this into your preheated oven for about 8 minutes. Then sprinkle on the grated cheese, and then it goes back into the oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden brown underneath and around the edges.

Remove from oven, cut into slices and enjoy!!
**I like mine with a little winger's sauce drizzled over the top (see my previous post for that) you could drizzle this on before baking if desired.

Best Basic Pizza Dough
This makes 2 12-inch pizzas or a single thicker crust 16 inch (that's what I made)

1 packet active dry yeast
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 Tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing bowl, dough ball and crust
1 teaspoon kosher salt (regular salt will be fine if you don't have this)
3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting work surface
1 cup slighty warm water
Directions:
In the bowl of a mixer fitted with a dough hook, pour the warm water in and sprinkle with yeast, and sugar. Whisk this to combine, then let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. (HINT: do not use hot water or it will kill the yeast and your dough will not rise. I feel the temp on my wrist and if it's just slightly warm, that's what you want to use)
Add the oil, salt and a cup of the flour into yeast mixture.
With mixer on low, slowly add the rest of flour and mix until a dough ball forms. You may want to transfer to a floured work surface and knead by hand until a smooth ball comes together, but I let my mixer do the kneading and let it go about 5 minutes and I add a sprinkle of flour every now and then so the dough doesn't stick to the bowl.
Transfer the dough into a bowl that you've brushed with olive oil. After I put my dough ball into the bowl I turn it so the oil side is up or you can brush the top with a little more oil. Cover this with plastic wrap and place in a warm area for about an hour or until dough has doubled in size.
Then punch down dough and let rest until ready to make your pizza!

1 comment:

  1. this looks yummy! my pizzas never end up looking like this...i shall be following your dough recipe in the future x

    ReplyDelete

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...