Monday, June 6, 2011

Italian Pasta Salad

I LOVE pasta salad... I make different versions all the time just by adding different veggies and different shaped pasta. I saw this new Ronzoni Garden Delight Radiatore Pasta and had to make it into a Pasta Salad to go with my Ribs on Sunday. YUM!!

Italian Pasta Salad
1 (12-oz) Ronzoni Garden Delight Radiatore Pasta (or pasta of your choice
1/2 of a red bell pepper, diced
1/2 of a green bell pepper, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 large or two small carrots, grated
1/2 (14 oz) can olives, drained and sliced
1/2 to 3/4 cups Kraft Light Zesty Italian Dressing
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to your taste

Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, slice and dice your veggies and olives and place in a large bowl.
When pasta is done, drain and rinse with cold water. Drain again (I dump mine out onto a kitchen towel to make sure the water is mostly soaked up before adding to my salad.) Then add pasta to the bowl with veggies. Pour in your salad dressing (Start with smaller amount and add more if needed) and sprinkle in the parmesan cheese. Toss until everything is coated with salad dressing and parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper, if you desire, to taste. Set in fridge until ready to serve.
I find that pasta soaks up the dressing while waiting to serve, so I taste right before serving and if necessary add a bit more salad dressing and toss to combine.
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...