Sunday, May 20, 2012

Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love the recipe for Vanishing Oatmeal cookies that you find on the Quaker Oatmeal container, but instead of using Raisins I use Chocolate Chips. I have made that recipe quite often. But on Sunday, I was hungry for an Oatmeal Raisin cookie, but I don't like the cakey kind of cookies that have whole raisins in them. I kept thinking about my rasin filled cookies and wondered what would happen if I put the filling in cookie dough. So I started with that idea, but then when I got down to making them, the filling was too much work to make and then let cool. So I just chopped the raisins up in my food processor. Then I powderized some oatmeal like the Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip cookie recipe. So far so good! I then added Milk Chocolate Chips and more Oatmeal that wasn't powderized.... and Viola!! YUMMO Cookies!!! they kind of taste like raisinets with the chocolate chips in them, but you can leave them out if you just want an oatmeal raisin cookie. I think chopping the raisins and powderizing some of the oatmeal makes for a chewy cookie! I like to sandwich a scoop of icecream inbetween 2 warm cookies.... that's the best way to eat them.:) Enjoy!

Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla (yes that's a Tablespoon)
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup  quick quaker oats, powderized (after measuring 1 cup, powderize it in a blender or food processor)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups quick Quaker Oats (NOT powderized)
2 cups raisins, chopped or minced in food processor
2 cups MILK chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper or spraying with a non- stick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, 1 cup powderized oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until creamy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
Next, add in the flour mixture and mix well. Then add the chopped raisins and 2 cups regular oats; mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake for about 9 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for about 1 minute on cookie sheet, then remove to a cooling rack.
This recipe makes about 4 dozen! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...