Friday, May 25, 2012

Peach and Strawberry Cobbler

Don't you love cobbler's? I do.... especially warm from the oven with a scoop of ice cream or a healthy squirt of Whipped cream... YUM! I ran across this recipe here and just had to try out the recipe. I made it for breakfast last Saturday...after all it had lots of fruit in it and both me and my hubby thought it was delicious. It's not too sweet and the mixture of peaches and strawberries is lovely and pretty to look at too! Reminds me of the pink and orange sunrise I saw the other morning with big pink and orange cotton candy clouds.... I wouldn't change a thing about this recipe, except next time I make it I might add 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar with the 1/3 cup of the flour mixture that you sprinkle on the fruit. I found some of the fruit a little tart... but then it was good that way with ice cream or whipped cream. Anyway you serve it, it was YUMMO!
Peach and Strawberry Cobbler
4-5 ripe, medium-sized peaches (or I used 1 bag of frozen peach slices that I let thaw out)
16-oz container  fresh strawberries (or you can use frozen, I used fresh)
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup butter, cold
1/3 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease an 8 or 9-inch square baking dish.
Slice peaches and remove pits (or use a bag of frozen sliced peaches, just thaw for a minute or two in the microwave). Hull strawberries and halve or quarter berries. Place a medium bowl and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Rub butter into flour mixture until it's the texture of coarse sand.
Remove 1/3 cup of the flour mixture and sprinkle over the sliced fruit. Toss fruit to coat, then pour into prepared baking dish.
Add milk and vanilla extract to the remaining flour mixture and stir until dough comes together. Breaking dough up into small pieces with your fingers, sprinkle evenly over the fruit.
Bake for about  35 to 40 minutes, until topping  is golden brown and fruit is  bubbling and tender.
Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Serve with ice cream or whipped cream while still warm.... Enjoy!!
Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...