Tuesday, March 23, 2010
I love snickerdoodles!! This is my favorite recipe and I love to put Hershey's Cinnamon Chips in them. (Sometimes they are hard to find though, usually Albertson's or Ridley's have them. Can never find them in Walmart)
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup Hershey's cinnamon chips (opt)
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugars with an electric mixer on high speed. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
2. In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
3.Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
4. Stir in the cinnamon chips.
5. Preheat oven to 325 degrees while you let the dough rest in the fridge for 30 to 60 minutes.
6. In a small bowl combine the sugar with the cinnamon for the topping.
7. Take about 2 1/2 Tablespoons of the dough and roll into a ball. Roll this dough in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and press it onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake the cookies for about 10-12 minutes. The cookies should seem kind of undercooked, but will continue to develop after they are removed from the oven.
You want them to still be kind of gooey, yet firm in the middle.
*I usually double this recipe..... did I mention I love snickerdoodles??