Thursday, March 11, 2010

Katy's Vegetable Beef Soup


I LOVE this soup, Katy brought it over when I first got home from the hospital after my surgery!! I finally remembered to get her recipe!! It's just a good hearty soup!

Katy's Vegetable Beef Soup

1 lb of roast beef or hamburger **see note below
1/2 onion, diced
2 (10.5 oz)cans beef broth
2 cups of water
1 1/2 cups of diced tomatoes or 1 can of tomatoes
2 carrots, sliced
2 stalks celery, sliced
4 potatoes, diced
1 tsp taco seasoning (more or less)
salt and pepper
1 bay leaf

Combine all ingredients in a large soup pot and cook uncovered until veggies are tender. Serve with homemade bread!! Yummmy!!

**I put a pot roast in the crock pot first thing in the morning, seasoned with salt, pepper, and onion powder, and added a 1 to 2 cups water with a couple of boullion cubes, and 1 bayleaf. I let this cook all day, then about 4 it was ready to cut the roast into bite size pieces and I used the broth in the soup!

*Also, add frozen corn, peas, and/ or green beans for more vegetables if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...