Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Yummilicious Meatloaf


This is how I make my meatloaf, it's a combination of 3 different recipes that I've tried. I put the best of all 3 together.

Yummilicious Meatloaf

1 1/2 to 2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs or Ritz cracker crumbs (3/4 cup if using 2-lbs beef)
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup ketchup
2 Tablespoons Steak Sauce


Glaze for topping:
1/2 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
Dash of Hot Pepper Sauce ( I like Louisianna Hot Sauce)
1 Tablespoon of honey
Combine in small bowl and set aside.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Slightly combine beef, bread crumbs, cheese, and onion soup mix in a large bowl. Whisk the eggs, ketchup and steak sauce together in a bowl, then mix into the meat mixture until it's all combined. (if mixture seems dry, add a little water).
Mold the meat into a loaf shape on cookie sheet that has been sprayed with pam.

Bake for 10 minutes, then spread the glaze over the top and sides of meatloaf. Continue baking for about 40 to 45 more minutes. Let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...