Friday, January 13, 2012

Chex Mix

I LOVE this stuff... but it is addicting! I got this recipe from a friend I work with, who brought it for her "Treat the office day". I made it to give to neighbors for a Christmas treat this year and I thought I would post it now since the Super Bowl is coming up and this would make a great super bowl snack. It makes alot so be sure you have lots of people to share it with!! YUM! And for variation try adding Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal to it instead of the Honey Grahams for a twist. Enjoy!!

Chex Mix
2 cups light Corn syrup
2 cups granulated sugar
3 sticks butter (1-1/2 cups)
1 box Corn Chex
1 box Rice Chex
1 box Golden Graham Cereal
1 package Baker's Sweetened Coconut
1 package Slivered Almonds

Combine your cereals, coconut, and almonds in a large bowl. Set aside.
In a large sauce pan, combine the corn syrup, sugar and butter; cook and stir over medium/high heat until sugar dissolves and butter melts. Let this come to a boil, make sure it's a good rolling boil, then remove from heat.
Pour the sugar mixture over the cereal mixture and toss to coat. When everything is coated, spread chex mix out on a piece of aluminum foil to cool. (I put mine on 2 cookie sheets covered with foil.)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...