Sunday, April 4, 2010

Di's Potato Salad


I never used to like Potato Salad until I got married. Jim's Mom showed me how to make it and I've been making it this way ever since. Now I love the stuff!

Potato Salad

8 medium red potatoes
6 eggs
2 stalks celery, diced
1/4 of a medium onion, diced
1 whole pickle chopped (or 1/2 cup pickle slices, chopped)
1/2 can olives, sliced
1 cup real mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons Ranch dressing
1 heaping Tablespoon yellow mustard
Salt and Pepper to taste
Paprika for garnish

Boil potatoes until they are fork tender, then cool. Boil eggs for 10 minutes then drain and pour cold water on them. When cool enough to handle peel and dice the potatoes into a large mixing bowl, then peel and dice the eggs and put in the bowl with the potatoes. I usually season these two with salt and pepper. Add the diced celery, onions, pickles and olives and toss with a little more Salt and pepper. I taste the potatoes at this point and see if they're seasoned enough.
Mix the mayo, Ranch , and mustard in a small bowl and whisk to mix thoroughly. Dump the mayo mixture into the potato mixture and toss until every things coated.
I taste again at this point, if it's too dry, you can add a little more mayo and mustard if needed.
I put into a serving bowl and sprinkle the top with a little sprinkle of paprika for color. Cover with Saran Wrap and keep in the refrigerator until ready to eat.

**it's a guestimate on the amount of mayo and ranch and mustard I use. I usually put 2 or 3 spoonfuls of mayo into a bowl, and then do a big squirt of Ranch and a little bit smaller squirt of mayo. Add more or less of each according to your taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...