Sunday, April 4, 2010

Fabulous French Toast!!


I made this for our Easter Breakfast!! It was fabulous!!! I love french toast, just ask my Mom and Dad... every family trip we went on when I was little, I always had French toast for Breakfast... Mmmmmmm!

Fabulous French Toast

4 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
French bread (cut into 1 inch thick slices, or you can use Texas Toast)
Butter
powdered sugar
Maple syrup

1. Stir together the flour and the sugar (this will reduce lumps from the flour), then add eggs, milk, vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Whisk together till there are no lumps.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat till hot, then add 1 tablespoon of butter. Let butter melt. (if butter begins to smoke the pan is too hot, turn down the heat)
3. Dip each bread slice into the batter for about 30 seconds per side. Let some of the batter drip off, then drop into the buttered pan. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes or so per side unti golden brown. Add butter to skillet as needed as you cook the rest of the bread slices. (this made about 10 slices for me)
4. Serve hot with butter and a sprinkle of powdered sugar, then let each person add their own syrup!
Yummo!!! Especially delicious served with thick sliced peppered bacon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...