Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A little of this and that Meatloaf

I came home from work not knowing what I was cooking for dinner. I had hamburger thawed out, green chili's in the fridge, and avacado's that I needed to use. I decided to make a meatloaf...This is what I came up with. It was delicious!!

This and That Meatloaf

1-1/2 to 2 pounds ground beef
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
1 envelope lipton onion soup mix
2 Tablespoons Ranch dressing mix
1/2 cup salsa (I use homemade, you can use whatever kind you like)
3 whole canned green chili's diced ( or you can use a can of diced green chili's)
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all the ingredients together and form into a loaf shape on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until juices run and clear and browned well.
Top each serving with a spoonfull of Guacamole. Enjoy!

Guacamole
2 ripe avacados
3 Tablespoons Salsa
1 to 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Salt and pepper

Scoop out the insides of the avacados and put in bowl with the salsa, and lemon juice, mash with a potatoe masher and season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...