Sunday, May 30, 2010

Vegetable Salad

I used to make this salad all the time. I think one of Jim's sister in laws made it at a family BBQ. I loved it! It's different and really good. Just make it the night before or in the early morning before serving. The longer the veggies marinade the better. (Sorry, I dont' have a picture of this one either, if I make it this summer, I'll post a photo later)

Vegetable Salad

4 stalks fresh broccoli (use only bite-sized florets)
8 large fresh mushrooms sliced
1 medium green pepper, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped or sliced
1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets

1 package uncooked ramen  noodles, crushed (save the seasoning packet for something else.)



Marinade:
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1 small onion, minced
2 Tablespoons poppyseed (optional)

Combine vegetables in a bowl. Whisk marinade ingredients in a small bowl, pour over veggies, toss to coat. Let marinade for at least 3 hours. The longer the better. Keep stirring the veggies once in a while to make sure all the veggies are getting marinated.
Right before serving, toss in the crushed ramen noodles. Makes 10 to 12 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...