Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Fruit Salad

This is a fruit salad that I put together for Christmas morning. It's tradition to go to my parents house along with 2 of my brothers that live close and we have a big family breakfast on Christmas morning. I usually make this salad, and scones, and we have sausage, bacon, hashbrowns and scrambled eggs too. This would be good for breakfast any day or with a brunch. I make it for Christmas because the fruit I use is usually in season at this time of year. I don't put bananas in mine because they tend to get mushy and brown, and I don't like them that much. Use whatever fruit you like! Enjoy!

Christmas Fruit Salad
2 apples, peeled and diced
2 oranges, peeled and sliced (Save 1/2 an orange to juice later)
2 cups grapes, sliced in half
1 pineapple, peeled and sliced into bite size pieces
2-4 kiwi's, peeled and dices
1 pomegranate, seeded
1/2 lime (for the juice)
2 Tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons poppyseeds

Combine all of the sliced and diced fruit into a large bowl. Squeeze juice from the 1/2 orange and 1/2 lime, put juice in a small bowl along with the honey and poppy seeds, whisk to combine. Pour juice mixture over the fruit and toss to combine.
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...