Saturday, December 24, 2011

Hot Cocoa


I love a cup of Hot chocolate on a cold winter morning..... especially with a squirt of whipped cream. YUM!
I made Hot Chocolate for my "Treat the Office" Day and took some mini muffins for dunking... I just followed the recipe on the can of Hershey's Cocoa but tweaked it a bit by using some Dutch Dark Cocoa too, and I quadrupled it so it used a gallon of milk.... I think you can serve between 16 to 20 people with this full recipe.... I also added French Vanilla Coffee Creamer to it to make a creamier hot chocolate... experiment with the different flavors or try adding a little eggnog to it... YUM!
Hot Cocoa
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa
1/4 cup Dutch Dark Cocoa
1-1/3 cups HOT water
1 gallon of milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup Coffee Mate Coffee Cream (any flavor, I used french vanilla) or eggnog

Mix together the sugar and the Cocoa in a large soup pot. Add the hot water and cook and stir over medium/high heat until the mixture begins to boil, let boil for 2 minutes.
Add the milk and vanilla. Stir and heat until it's heated through but don't boil. I heat mine until little bubles just start to form at the sides. Add the Coffee mate stirring to combine. Serve in mugs and top with a squirt of Whipped cream or mini-marshmellows!
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...