Friday, December 2, 2011

Creamy Pesto Ranch Dressing

I like experimenting with salad dressings... which is a funny thing because growing up I never ate salad dressing on my salads, I always ate salad plain or dry you could say. I guess I was scared of it. Now I love the stuff.... have you ever been to the Spaghetti Factory? They have a House dressing that is a creamy pesto ... and it's way Yummo... I crave it sometimes. I had some buttermilk in my refrigerator that I needed to use up and some basil pesto so I thought hmmmmmm and then I had some Ranch dressing mix too and thought that would be yummy... So I gave it a shot and this is what I came up with. It's pretty close to what the Spaghetti Factory has but mine might have a little more Ranch flavor to it, but I just LOVE the Basil Pesto in it ! I like a mixed salad with a little grated cheese and homemade croutons with dressing drizzled over it! YUM!

Creamy Pesto Ranch Dressing
1/2 cup Real Mayonaise
1/2 cup Buttermilk
1- 1/2 teaspoons Ranch dressing mix ( can add a little more if you like more Ranch flavor)
1 heaping teaspoon Basil Pesto ( I buy mine in the jars that's usually by the spaghetti sauces)
1 Tablespoon milk (to thin the dressing out just a bit if it's too thick)

Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until all of the ingredients are incorporated and smooth. Taste and add more Ranch dressing mix or pesto as desired.
Drizzle over prepared Salad and enjoy. Store leftover dressing in the refrigerator.
YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...