Thursday, February 25, 2010

Di's favorite Scone recipe



This is the Best Scone recipe I've ever had!
I got it from Deann Stott when we were in the Primary presidency  together. Now I make them every year for Breakfast on Christmas Day. I also made these with my YW, and we put mini candy bars in them and fried them and dusted with powdered sugar!! Those were pretty good too!! Thanks for the recipe Deann!


The Best Scone Recipe

1 Tablespoon yeast (1 envelope)
1/4 cup warm water
1 Cup Warm water
1/4 cup shortening
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup powdered milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten

Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water ( I added 1 Tablespoon of the 1/4 c. sugar.) Mix dry ingredients together then cut in shortening. Add egg, water, & yeast mixture until you have a smooth dough. Add more flour if needed ( I add about 1/2 cup or so more flour. You need to be able to handle it.)
Place in an oiled bowl and let rise until doubled in size (about 1 hour). Heat oil in a dutch oven and roll out dough to 1/4" thick. Cut into pieces and fry on both sides until done. Top with Honey butter or jam! YUM! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...