Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Rice Krispie Treats


I promised I'd post this on my Blog, everytime I make them for treats in Young Women's some one wants the recipe so here it is.


Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light karo syrup

Mix together in medium size saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, make sure it comes to a good rolling boil, don't boil to long or treats will be too hard, just . Then remove from heat.
Stir in:

1 cup peanut butter

Meanwhile have 6 cups Rice Crispies measured in big mixing bowl. Pour peanut butter mixture over krispies and stir till they're all coated. Pour into buttered 13x9 can pan. Spread out with spatula coated with pam spray.
Melt 1 cup milk choc chips and 1 cup Peanut Butter chips in the microwave for about 40 seconds, stir, if not melted enough put back in microwave for 20 more seconds and stir, keeping microwaving for 20 second intervals until smooth like frosting, then pour over candy. Then spread around swirly with a knife.
Let cool and enjoy!


Variation: can use 5 to 6 cups cornflakes instead of rice krispies (depending how gooey you want them) and omit the topping.
This way tastes just like the peanut Butter treats we'd all fight over at the Groveland Elementary School on Fridays when I was little!! Yummo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...