Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rib Eye Steaks



I got 3 1-inch to 1 and 1/2 inch thick boneless rib eye steaks. I rubbed them with Lawrys seasoned salt and Tones coarse ground pepper and set aside. ( Steaks cook more tender if they are about room tempature when you grill them) I sliced one medium onion in thin strips, and washed 1 small container of mushrooms, and sliced those thin as well. Saute in a frypan sprinkled with Olive oil until starting to lightly brown. Add 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar and 1/4 cup red wine vinegar(recipe called for red wine but isn't vinegar close??)and 1 to 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar and 1 TBsp. butter. Simmer until thickened or until the moistures is almost gone in the sauce(doesn't take too long, about 5 to 10 minutes) and salt and pepper to taste!! I grilled my steaks on hot grill for about 4 minutes per side (Jim likes them pretty pink in the middle) Grill to your liking. Let rest on plate for about 4 or 5 minutes, top with mushroom sauce and enjoy!! Yummy!!!
I served with fresh steamed asparagus and salad.. a crusty french bread would be good too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...