Friday, February 26, 2010

Steak Un-Kabobs


I love steak or chicken kabobs but hate the mess and time it takes to skewer them. So I made this for dinner tonight. Yum!!


Steak Un-Kabobs

1 to 2 lbs petite sirloin steak
Marinated 3 to 4 hours in Grill Mates Montreal steak marinade (I do the soy sauce version on the packet instructions) The longer it marinades the more flavorful and tender it is.
1/2 red pepper
1/2 green pepper
1/2 onion
1 small container fresh mushrooms, slice or whole
1 bundle asparagus (opt)
Grill Mates Garlic, Herb & Wine Marinade packet

Slice Peppers and onion into approx. 1 inch pieces, place in glass dish with mushrooms (you can leave these whole or slice them) Break off tough ends of asparagus, then break in two and place in dish with other vegis. Mix Garlic, Herb & Wine Marinade packet like the instructions say on the back ( I use Balsamic Vinegar, instead of white) Pour over the veg's in the dish and toss to coat. Marinade for 1/2 hour or longer.

As you can see I didn't put mine in a big enough dish... so I marinated my mushrooms separatly.



Heat grill. I grill my veg's on a vegetable screen that I have for my grill for approx 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes. (If you don't have one you can roast the veg's in the oven at 350 degrees. Spread out on a large cookie sheet. Roast in over 10 to 15 minutes or until Crispy tender. Stir around after the first 5 minutes.)
Put the steak on the grill along with the veg's, grill on each side for 4 to 5 minutes or until desired doneness.
Serve alongside vegetables. Goes good with seasoned wild rice or brown rice.

This is good done with chicken too marinated in Garlic, Herb and Wine marinade mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...