Thursday, February 25, 2010

Yummy Lemon Bread


Yes.. even I need a break from chocolate at times! After chocolate I like lemon!! Here's a yummy lemon bread recipe I found a Allrecipes.com (one of my favorite sites!)

1 (18.25 ounce) pkge Lemon cake mix (not the kind with puddding in it)
1 (3.4 ounce) pkge instant lemon pudding mix
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 cup 7-up or Sprite ( i used 3/4 cup and 1/4 lemon juice)
2 Tablespoons poppyseeds
Preheat oven to 325 degrees and Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan. ( I heated the oven to 350 and used mini bread loave pans.)
Combine cake mix and pudding mix, then stir in the oil. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the lemon-lime soda. Then stir in the poppyseeds.
Pour batter into prepared pan or pans. Bake for 35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. For mini loave pans test after 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes then take out of pans.For glaze mix 2 cups powdered sugar with 1/4 lemon juice and 1/4 cup butter. This is tart, but tastes yummy on the bread. After bread is mostly cool, but still stlightly warm, drizzle over the top. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...