Friday, June 11, 2010

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

I had some filling leftover from my Eggrolls that I made over the weekend, and I decided to turn it into lettuce wraps!! Yum!!! I think I'll make my lettuce wraps with this from now on!! When I made my eggrolls I didn't have a can of bean sprouts like I thought, so I used water chestnuts that I sliced into slivers. This was Yummo in the lettuce wraps!
Di's Lettuce Wraps
1 pound chicken (I used chicken that I've chopped finely in my food processor)
1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ginger, minced (or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger if you don't have fresh on hand)
2 Cups Cabbage, finely chopped **hint- I've used about 3 cups of classic coleslaw mix for the cabbage and carrots, easier cuz it's already shredded)
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup celery, sliced paper thin
1 can water chestnust, drained and sliced into slivers
3 Green onions, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons Oyster sauce
3 Tablespoons Hoisin sauce (Oyster and Hoisin sauce are found in the asain section of most grocery stores)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Lettuce
Asain Toasted Sesame Salad Dressing

Brown chicken ,ginger and garlic over medium high heat until browned and chicken is cooked through. Add cabbage, carrots, celery, water chestnuts,and green onions: cook 2 minutes. Stir in oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, salt and pepper. Cook a few more minutes until flavors blend and veggies are crunchy tender.
To make lettuce cups slice the top off of a head of lettuce right through the middle of the head. Pull your lettuce cups off of the outside of this slice.
To assemble: add a spoonful or two into the lettuce cup, drizzle a little of the toasted sesame dressing on the top and enjoy!!
*If you like a spicy kick add a drop or two of sriracha hot chile sauce to your individual lettuce wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...