Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Easy Bowtie Pasta Salad


I love Pasta salads....I'm always trying different variations of them. But this one was yummy! We had a family BBQ for Father's Day  and this is what I came up with! I love Sundried Tomatoes and happen to have some in the refrigerator. I think they gave this the extra little punch it needed! Yum!


Di's Easy Bowtie Pasta Salad

Approx. 4 cups uncooked Bowtie Pasta
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced thinly
1/2 can olives sliced
1/2 cup (appox.) diced sundried tomatoes in oil (you can find this usually by the olives, and pickles, or by tomatoe sauces, they come chopped in a jar with olive oil)
Kraft Tuscan Italian dressing (or your favorite italian dressing)
Parmesan cheese

Cook Bowtie Pasta according to directions on box. Drain. Place in big bowl with green pepper, zucchini, olives and sundried tomatoes. Squirt about 1/2 cup or so of the salad dressing over pasta and veggies, toss to coat. At this point I taste it and see if I need more dressing, if so add a little more and taste again. Sprinkle liberally with Parmesan cheese and a little salt and pepper if desired and toss to mix. Yum!!
**Can use more or less veggies, sometimes I add broccolli florets too, if I have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...