Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fudgy Chocolate Sauce

One of my downfalls is ice cream.... mmmmm. I especially like a good hot fudge sauce on vanilla ice cream with chopped salty peanuts on the top. YUMMO! A lady I used to work with at my old office would make this recipe and bring it along with some ice cream into work.... I've been craving it lately! Use this creamy sauce over your favorite ice cream or dessert.


Fudgy Chocolate Sauce

1 can (14 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
**4 packets (1 oz. each) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® CHOCO BAKE® Pre-Melted Unsweetened Chocolate Flavor
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Ice cream or cake

Directions:
MICROWAVE sweetened condensed milk and Choco Bake in medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Microwave for additional 30 seconds.
STIR in butter, water and vanilla extract until smooth.
SERVE warm over ice cream or cake.
Makes 1 3/4 cups ice cream sauce.

**I couldn't find this Pre-melted Chocolate anywhere, and I looked in every grocery store in Blackfoot! So I used 4-1ounce Squares Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate. I put it in a microwave-safe bowl and microwaved for 1 minute, stirred a bit. Then I added the sweetened condensed milk and microwaved another minute. Then I stirred until the chocolate was melted. Then I added the butter, water and vanilla and continued to stir until smooth. This was just as yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...