Friday, June 25, 2010

My favorite Crunchy Granola recipe

I've been making this Granola recipe since I was a teenager I think. But now that I"m older I've cut back on the butter and have added more honey than the original recipe. I've also added wheat germ for more health benefits and craisins and almonds for flavor. I love to munch on this by itself for a morning pick-me-up at work or for a snack. I also sprinkle some on my blackberries and yogurt for breakfast... Yum!

Honey Nut Granola

3 cups old-fashioned Quaker Oats
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup almonds ( I use whole almonds, but you can chop them if you want)
1/2 cup craisins

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Mix all of the ingredients except the craisins together in a mixing bowl with a spoon. Spray a 15 x 10" cookie sheet with Pam spray. Pour and spread granola out evenly on the cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring after the first 10 minutes. When golden brown, remove from oven and pour onto a sheet of aluminum foil (I fold the sides of the foil up about an inch) Spread out a little on the foil and let cool completely. I cool on the aluminum foil because when the granola cools it tends to stick on the cookie sheet. Remove from the cookie sheet best while still warm. After the granola is cool add the craisins and stir to combine.
Pour into a ziploc bag and enjoy!! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New and Improved Chicken Enchilada Soup

I have a few different Chicken enchilada / chicken tortilla, and different chicken soups on here, but I did a few things different yesterday...